Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mateo got tired of school very soon

The excitement of going to preschool did not last long. The first two weeks were difficult because he would complain and ask me not to take him to school. I thought that would be normal and it would go away in few days so I insisted that he should go. After a month and a half he was sick with a cold and did not go to school for few days and when I said, "okay, it is time to go back" he said, "I don't want to go. Please mama, I don't want to go". Pat and I talked about it and decided to keep him at home for a while.
The truth is that I wanted him to go to school so I could reclaim my life and freedom. I wanted to have time to do all kinds of things I don't get to do when Mateo is home. And I honestly thought he was ready to make friends and "learn" new things at school.
I have taken this as a sign that maybe I could HOMESCHOOL him! and that is what we are trying to do now. It will take a while until we figure out a good rhythm and routine but I am really excited for the challenge.
Pat and I want to listen to him and allow him to be nurtured at home until he is ready to go to school again.
In the time Mateo went to school he did several things. Here some pics:


Michaelmas Festival 



Nature Walk and Run!


Getting good at balancing 


Making Bread 


Story Time with VerĂ³nica the teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment