Friday, November 14, 2014

Celebrating and Creating

On November 2nd, we celebrated the Day of the Dead making bread and colada morada. Samuel and Mateo made the bread with a little bit of my help. What a joy to eat the same bread that their little hands helped make. 



Guaguas de Pan - tradition in Ecuador on the Día de los Difuntos


Enjoying the meal. 

Then we have been preparing for Martinmas by making the lanterns. We have not gone on the lantern walk yet but we have been singing the songs that go with the celebration.  


"I go outside with my lantern, my lantern goes with me"


"This little light of mine, I 'm gonna to let it shine" 

And together we have been creating these pieces of art!  Mateo's requests that he learned from "Mister Maker" 


Feathers made with pencil sharpenings 


Butterfly: I made the drawings and Mateo did the paintings. 


Oso



No comments:

Post a Comment