Saturday, January 4, 2014

Looking for English books for Mateo

One of the things we miss the most of living in California is the lack of public libraries where we can access to so many children's books. We have found some English books here but mostly they are expensive because they come from U.S and have a high tax.
I wonder if any of our friends in the states would be willing to help us buy some used children's books. We will be going to Florida this month and we could bring some books back. We are willing to pay for the used books and the shipping to Florida. Please let us know!


4 comments:

  1. HOla Anita es posible que usted hable español, yo me llamo Rosa y vivo en Canarias, si usted habla español, podemos compartir informacion que tengo en español, aunque tambien tengo cosas en ingles. tengo una niña de seis años y 4 meses, estudio formacion en pedagogia waldorf, y hago educacion en casa. Un gran saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita - I love the Waldorf approach, my daughter is only a baby but I'm doing research early to figure out what we'll do about schooling when the time comes. If we had her in the US I was definitely going to homeschool (no good options where we were living) and I spent several years private teaching in homeschool settings; but here I'm at a loss in what we'll do! I LOVE children's books and am feeling rather deprived right now in Otavalo since I am accustomed to libraries and bookstores. I kind of obsess over kids' books! Anyway, I just wanted to say hello!

    Cheers
    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea. I see this comment now! You are in a good location now. I heard of a new Waldorf initiative starting in Ibarra. I also met another mom homeschooling her daughters in Cayambe using Waldorf. If you e-mail me I can send you some links with some information! anapatricia99@hotmail.com. Take care, Anita

      Delete